Student Housing in Tredyffrin Township is governed by §208-122.1 of the Zoning Code. The following criteria (excerpted from the Code) must be met before the Zoning Hearing Board may authorize a special exception for a student home as limited below:
- The number of student tenants living in a student home shall not exceed three.
- Single-family dwelling has a floor area of at least 1,000 square feet exclusive of basements, garages and accessory buildings. Two-family dwelling has a floor area of at least 2,000 square feet exclusive of basements, garages and accessory buildings.
- A student home shall not be located closer than the distance equal to 20 times the required minimum lot width for the type of dwelling used for the student home in the applicable zoning district where the student home is proposed to be located from another student home located on another lot. The distance between the two student homes shall be measured by the shortest distance between the two lots where the student homes are located.
- A student home shall meet the area and bulk requirements for the type of dwelling used for the student home in the applicable zoning district where such use is proposed.
- A buffer area with a width of 10 feet shall be required for student homes along the side and rear lot lines of the subject property.
Any student home in the Township shall be subject to Chapter 151, Property Registration.