NOTE: While the Township Building is undergoing renovations, EAC meetings will still be held at 1100 DuPortail Road.
The Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) consists of seven volunteers appointed by the Tredyffrin Board of Supervisors. Members of the Environmental Advisory Council, who serve three-year staggered terms, are dedicated to promoting environmental initiatives in the Township. They are joined by one Township liaison each from the Parks and Recreation Board and the Planning Commission. A Tredyffrin Township Engineer and a Township Supervisor attend meetings and participate in EAC discussions, as well.
The Environmental Advisory Council works at the direction of the Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors and as an extension of Township staff to research environmental issues and funding sources; to advise Township staff and supervisors; to undertake or sponsor environmental education; to partner with Township residents, outside agencies, and organizations with similar interests; and to coordinate environmental projects.
- Watersheds: Promote stream health in the Township’s seven watersheds by addressing such issues as water quality and quantity, stormwater management, watershed restoration and protection, and community involvement. Efforts include the implementation and management of both tree and live-stake planting, installation of riparian buffers, and creation of rain gardens.
- Educational Initiatives: Publicize the Township's environmental and educational initiatives, which include the benefits of planting trees and live stakes to improve stormwater control, use of riparian buffers, such as tall grasses and shrubs, and the preservation of bird habitat.
- Environmental Initiatives: Research and promote environmental initiatives to protect natural resources and improve the quality of life in Tredyffrin.
Environmental Advisory Council
|Amber Atwood Levy, Chair|
|Doug Anestad, Vice-chairman|
|Meg Hamilton - Park & Rec Board Liaison|
|William Rountree - Planning Commission Liaison|
|Erin McPherson - Staff Liaison|
Contact the EAC via email.
Environmental Advisory Council Pages
- Sidewalk, Trails, and Paths
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Testimony of PA Secretary Patrick McDonnell - Climate Change Priorities [PDF]
- Clean Energy Resolution - September 16, 2019 [PDF]
For more information on Tredyffrin's park, recreation and open spaces go to our Park and Recreation page.