Subdivision and Land Development
The subdivision and land development process begins with the submission of subdivision or land development applications to the Planning Commission via staff in the Planning and Zoning Department. All plans are reviewed for compliance with Tredyffrin's Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance Section (Chapter 181), Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 208), and Stormwater Ordinance (Chapter 174), and all other applicable requirements (see below).
The Board of Supervisors also reviews and grants final decisions for subdivisions, following recommendations from the Planning Commission. In Tredyffrin, the Planning Commission has final land development authority. Small improvements involving only minor technical amendments to previously approved land development plans may be approved at the staff level. See Section 181-6 Definitions to determine your project type and requirements.
The Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance can be viewed in the Township Code via www.ecode360.com. They also are available for review at the Township Building and the Tredyffrin and Paoli libraries.
- Subdivision & Land Development Application [PDF]
- Subdivision & Land Development Application Checklist [PDF]
- Subdivision & Land Development and Zoning Ordinances
- Stormwater Ordinance and Permit Requirements
- Land Development Certification Block [PDF]
- Subdivision Certification Block [PDF]
- Subdivision & Land Development Agreement [PDF]
- Escrow Estimate Form [PDF]
- Escrow Agreement [PDF]
- Financial Security Agreement [PDF]
- Fee Schedule [PDF]
Information regarding relevant plan review services and documents from the Chester County Planning Commission (CCPC) can be found here.